Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

Indiana Take Two

Finally got back from our second tournament in Indiana, I sound ungrateful when in reality I got to hang out with my best friends and play volleyball all weekend, not paying for a single thing I might add. In truth, the trip was fun, just a little stressful with all the homework from week 1. We won one game after a terrible first game the first day so we were able to refocus and play our game.
I played back row most of the weekend, hitting in the last game of the last match of the last day.
We have no practice today, turns out NCAA rules don't allow teams to practice more than 7 days in a row without a day of rest so, thank the Lord, we get a day off. I'll end up going to the gym anyways to bike, it's relaxing and I can do it while I read my homework. I think a few of us are going to play doubles for a bit afterwards too.
Week 2 already of my last fall quarter. I am getting done writing the essays to apply to the Prague and China abroad. Very exciting. My heart is set on Prague now; art, creative writing, architecture, it sounds great. I just hope I get in!
If not I will hopefully get into China and then even more hopefully get to see Baba and Katie but I am not banking on that. That's what you get with a country the size of Jupiter.
Kurtis is doing well, work work work. It is good to hear things are going well although sometimes it seems lie he is in a little too high of demand with never a second to breathe!
Papa's birthday is tomorrow, (don't forget!) so I am starting the card process... thought creating a new card idea is apparently difficult. I think I'll go for happy instead of mushy or funny this time.
Well, without practice today, I will have time to get ahead on my homework load, if I use my time wisely that is. Classes are great and I am staying busy enough but not so overwhelmed that my head is going to explode (always a good thing).

1 comment:

  1. So, you basically have free time between 25:00 and 28:00 every Floomsday? What are you worried about?
    Fun reading, fun to peek into your life.

    Papa

    ReplyDelete