Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Another Game and Still More Homework

Yet again, we lost our game last night. Bummer but now more than ever I just want to get better- starting practice this afternoon. I seem to have more homework than ever, well maybe not ever but almost. French is quite a bit different this quarter considering that it is independent and my teacher seems to be very busy so I have to make sure I get in 15-20 hours of work a week on it. Not a problem considering that I have 4 books to read (one of which is 425 pages), phonetics to practice, grammar exercises and grammar to study, and movies to watch and write reports on.
Let's see, I have been able to get some good c.s. study in everyday pretty much which makes a huge difference. I turned in my Prague application yesterday and I am turning in my China application today before practice. I am going in to practice early today because apparently I like self-immolation...and getting better at volleyball. There is only one thing harder than practice after a loss, going in early and working one-on-one with Mary Ann after a loss. I make her sound mean, not the case! We're just down to business now.
If you want to hear about a mean coach listen to this. So last year when we played the team we played tonight, they had heat lamps on in their gym until we got them to turn them off. Keep in mind it is between 80 and 90 degrees right now and about 120% humidity. So yesterday, Mary Ann tells us that when that coach gets upset with his players, he turns the heat lamps on which line the ceiling of the gym and make them practice. Isn't that illegal!? It sounds like absolute torture, I think I would quit. No I would pass out and then quit.
Well, off to do some more homework. Hopefully I can talk to my family a little more this weekend. I finally got to talk to Baba last night but I was so busy it was only for about 2 minutes. I even have a day off this Sunday, a whole day off!

1 comment:

  1. We know you're busy, so relax. We'll visit when you come over for Christmas. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete