Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Surprise...Breakfast!

So this morning we had our 6:30 a.m. practice scheduled...presumably our last of the quarter. So we get there bright and early, not so bright actually, it was pitch black outside, and Mary Ann surprised us by taking us out to breakfast to Clifton Terrace. For those of you not previously blessed by the breakfasts at Clifton, this is a small family diner, literally ran by a family, the waitresses have been the same group of women for the past 4 years that I have been here. The outside, and the inside for that matter, look less than appetizing, all the more reason to go in. I had a pancake, a biscuit, eggs and ham and consequently was not hungry until 1:30 this afternoon even then only being able to put down a salad and an apple. They make their breakfasts hardy here that is for sure.
After drinking a couple cups of coffee I was able to stay awake throughout work and actually get some homework done afterwards as well. I crashed before lunch with the office playing in the background.
Now I am free for another 2 hours before practice which means I better start waking up...or should I take another nap?

1 comment:

  1. You and breakfast! That's one thing we sure can agree on; we have to go next Sunday. Should I hit the biscuits and gravy?
    You have a great coach, I should do something like that for my team.

    ReplyDelete