Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Figure Studies: Week 7

I know I have posted this image already but I made a big change to the hair. My prof made me realize that I had drawn in all the hair since it was blond but I had not paid attention to what parts of the hair were lighted and which weren't. The assignment was to draw the light so I erased half of the hair and it looks much better now.
Thursday, I walked begrudgingly into class out of the 72 degree perfect weather to find this skeleton sitting as our model. Basically, our prof had us stuck inside for 3 HOURS to draw a skeleton instead of letting us enjoy the great weather. It was really fun though, I was on the verge of insanity by the end with the sheet!
This drawing I did of Eric on Friday. The idea was to work on background which I must admit is very hard. The hardest part was probably figuring out what to lay out first (which I did wrong but now I know)and having to fill in the background in little spaces without messing everything else up. I did this one in charcoal which means it smears extremely easy (I am literally covered in black by the end of class) so whenever you touch the paper you either take black off of something or put black onto something.

4 comments:

  1. I really like that top one; I could see displaying that. You may think I am weird (I know you do), but I loved the sheet on the skeleton. It is really something! We need to get Grand-Maman to see these pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez you're good. I bet you are a mess when you use that charcoal. I would love to be able to do what you are doing. Now in Prague you can draw everyone instead of taking pictures but you'll have to have them take their clothes off! ha ha

    Love you sweet pea

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are seriously good at this. Awesome. Can I sell some limited prints to the Chinese?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great job, Is. Though it was hard to sit inside doing the skeleton drawing, at least it looks awesome. I think it would be much worse if the end result was crappy. How many more classes do you have?

    ReplyDelete