Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Storm

School was cancelled yesterday and today and by the looks of it I will be watching movies in bed tomorrow as well. Everything is coated in ice here which makes it beautiful but also very cold and dangerous. We are supposed to get up to 24 inches of snow in the next couple of days but so far all we have gotten is lots of sleet.
The wind is starting to pick up and I am hoping that it doesn't get too crazy or else trees are going to start breaking.
So far this morning, I went to breakfast, worked on my capstone and finished a movie about a young girl who gets into a relationship with a married older man who she didn't know was married or a thief, both of which he was. It wasn't as creepy as it sounds, it was actually pretty thoughtful.
I am trying to muster up the courage to put on a coat and some boots and head back outside all the way to Hay this time where I am meeting up with some friends to do the Insanity workout. Later today, I think I am going to watch a movie with friends and get some Prague homework done, do some drawing (a secret project that I am already starting for Kurtis' birthday). Tonight the biggest loser is on, I might try to get Christy to watch it in her apartment so I don't have to wait until tomorrow. Who would have thought that my capstone quarter would allow me this much free-time. Maybe I've finally learned time-management?
We have a visiting weekend starting Thursday but by the looks of this weather and the forecast things are going to be bad today and tomorrow and stay cold for a long time afterwards. I hope the weekend doesn't get cancelled!

1 comment:

  1. Stay warm, lots of tea and hot chocolate, get that capstone done, and life is good. What is the name of that movie? Would Mama and I like it?

    Will you have pictures of the storm?

    I am swamped with end of quarter stuff, plus students' request up to yin-yang. I envy your storm.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete