Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Coincidence? I think not!

So ever since Kurtis and his roommate/drummer/best friend Jon have been hanging out strange coincidences have been happening. I'm talking at least one coincidence a day and crazy weird coicidences that make you think! So yesterday, my brother and his wife were flying to Scotland and of course, at Prin they served a Scottish dinner in honor of Robert Burns the famous scottish poet. This dinner included Haggis, and all the Scottish side dishes, Scottish music and the reciting of Scottish poetry.
If that isn't weird enough, I got a call from my brother on Skype yesterday while they were in Amsterdam on a stop over on their way to Scotland. I couldn't believe it! Kurtis had left earlier that morning from Seattle to fly to Finland for a gig and his stop over was in Amsterdam as well and he was landing about 45 minutes after my brother called. I gave him all of Kurtis' flight information and when Kurtis walked off of his plane, there they were waiting for him. I guess he was in shock for a good 5-10 minutes and they got to hang out for a while before they were each on their way again.
Seriously though, how crazy is that! They called me on skype from the airport so I got to hear that they were all together even though the stolen internet connection was bad.
Today we have another model in class, he'll probably be a Scot from Amsterdam at this rate. And then after class I am doing the Insanity workout with a few volleyball girls. That's right, the actual name of the workout is insanity. Dorky, yes, but easy, no. I heard from both Baba and Katie and Kurtis and they all got to their destinations safely so I can't wait to hear more.
Other than that, we had a meeting in the Chapel this morning about the enormous use of pot and $23,000 worth of theft that has happened since June. I have never seen the chapel so full, People were packed in like sardines and standing in the back. It was cool to see the sports teams all sitting together and different houses and teachers and so many faces. Eventhough it took a bad situation to bring us all together it was still pretty cool.
I am still chipping away persistantly at my 20-25 page French Capstone paper. I am actually enjoying it quite a bit, strangely enough. I like feeling productive I guess. I am hoping to have 11 pages done by tomorrow, I better get on that!

1 comment:

  1. That was a cool entry, I loved it. Ms. Glen wrote to us; I am glad you are dealing with the situation in this manner. There is one more good thing about Principia.

    ReplyDelete