Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ready, Set, Go

My last quarter on campus...I can barely believe it and then I think for a second and realize how absolutely ready I am for this. I have been doing three hours of art class every afternoon from 2-5 p.m. So far we are mostly just drawing a skeleton from all angles and studying bone terminology but today we have a special treat in store for us. That's right, we have a model today. A real life model that will be completely naked in front of us for three hours. I must say, I can hold back a laugh when I need to as long as I am alone but there just so happens to be about a dozen other people in the class, some of which laugh so hard that they cry when the teacher describes the "pubic arch". That's right, I'm screwed. After more than a decade of carefully hiding my low maturity level, I am merely hours away from being uncovered as having a 13 year old boy's maturity level.
Great.
And in the coming 9 weeks we have 2-3 models every week. That means about 25 more such embarassing situations to just further emphasize my immaturity.
Other than art, I have been doing lots and lots of French; dictations and grammar and conjugations. I'm starting to look forward to the five 20 minute oral recordings I have to do and the 30 page paper I have to write. That means you know it's bad. All joking aside though, I actually like it quite a lot ( I know Baba, I'm crazy) and it should give me a good final grasp on these concepts.
Let's see...I've been going to the gym every morning between breakfast and work in the language department and then eating dinner with volleyball girls. It's become blatantly obvious which girls were friends with the rest of the team because they had to be and which ones were genuinely happy to be there. I have my first Prague Abroad meeting this Friday from 7-9. As if we didn't have a lame enough social life, they seem to be trying to take away our chances of having any kind of social life away. My first visiting weekend (I'm an admissions ambassador again) is next weekend and then 5th and 8th weekend too. Those should be fun as always.
Off to another day, lots to do...but right now it's watching Modern Family in bed.

1 comment:

  1. As always, we can talk for a while on Skype but we get new material when we read your blog. Truly interesting. [Sentence fragment, I know.] Let me know when you hit le plus-que-parfait du subjonctif. Extremely useful.

    ReplyDelete