Search This Blog

Friday, November 19, 2010

Home Sweet Home

It is such a relief to be home. Although this quarter was not nearly as busy as usual (as you probably already know from my previous posts), I still feel immensely relieved to be back in the Pacific Northwest. I have been in the Factoria mall since noon today and it is quarter to 5 now. Kurtis had to record in Capital Hill and I wanted to get some shopping done. Surprisingly enough, I have not been bored even for an instant. Thank the Lord up above for Bread Co. and free Wireless internet though.
I got up early and made scones and scrambled eggs this morning which was a switch from Kurtis' usual bowl of Raisin Bran. Last night I made him and Jon BLTs too as a welcome home present to them.
There is a piano just outside of Bread Co. and a guy just started playing and he is really good! How cozy, haselnut coffee+live piano+christmas trees and wreaths+Kurtis coming to meet me for dinner. Life is good.
I am looking forward to this break. Turns out I will only be needed to work after the 29th of November so I am in the clear until then which is so nice. I can't wait to get to Lopez, the air is so clean there and it is so beautiful. I will always like going home to Lopez, that is a guarantee.
Kurtis has a Robbie Christmas gig tonight so we will be going to that and then up to Lopez first thing in the morning. I have been talking to people at the school about helping in classrooms during my 2 week spring break and I think it is a go. I can't wait to get the experience and get to hang out with little kids. Yay! Much love to my family, I love the holidays and I will miss Baba and Katie but I am happy for them in China, maybe they will have fishy turkey and fishy pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving (if they are lucky!)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so fun, just getting a few hours break for a change. You deserve it. We can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love that fishy turkey and pumpkin pie! We actually haven't decided what we're going to do for Thanksgiving. We might not do anything since we have to work. Glad that you made it home safely and that you're enjoying the PNW.

    ReplyDelete