Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Washington Again

I am back home here in Washington and the northwest is playing up to its stereotypes. It has been raining here all day, can't even get out to go on a run. It is cozy inside though but not as nice as the wood heating up on Lopez.
I got the gelato from the groupon coupon that I had yesterday and it is delicious. I got 6 different flavors: pumpkin, lemon, strawberry (gelato and sorbeto), raspberry, and blackberry red wine. Now I understand what all the hype about gelato is all about.
Steve is coming up tonight, he will be teaching in a lineman school I think all week so he is staying over tonight. Kurtis and Jon will be out at their Apple Jamm practice so I'm going out to dinner with Steve I think.
I have been reading all day, I just started a great book that I got from the Thanksgiving Library book sale called "Elegance of the Hedgehog". Turns out it was originally written in French and then translated into English. There is a literary bell-waiter and a genius 12 year old suicidal girl looking for reasons to live who is extremely observant. It sounds weird, and it is, but it is very interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't we the lit genius?
    Hope you enjoy your short break, especially with a ten-week old tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete