Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Last Week of Volleyball

Here is a picture of our senior night and the beautiful flower that we got. They are in a vase on my desk now. I wonder how many people think that Christy has a half-dozen children by know considering how many people she has represented at senior nights in the past.
I can't believe that it is Thursday already. I am torn between wanting more time to do all the work that I have to do but also wanting to get home asap.
During our senior night, some of the social events planners were sitting outside of the gym, putting people's names into a raffle. I didn't know what it was about but I figured I might as well put my name down. And I won! I have never won a raffle or anything like that so this is a very big moment for me. I can see now how some of those middle-aged cat ladies get so into filling out those sweepstakes all the time. It's exciting to win things. Remind me never to start gambling because Lord knows I am not lucky enough to start wagering money. So now I have a Target gift-card...the possibilities are endless!
Maybe I'll go crazy and get some nail polish or shoes, maybe a new dress...who knows.
Both of my classes, Wildlife Conservation and Spanish Film, were cancelled today. My professors love me. And Spanish is cancelled tomorrow too so all I will have is an hour of Wildlife Conservation. I have decided not to audit the Mary Baker Eddy class next quarter I think. With art, capstone, work, ambassador, Prague prep, and everything else, I think I'll just read the Peel books on my own.
I am in the middle of writing a French paper right now and I am starting to wonder how long it is going to be. The dang paper just keeps going and going. If these preliminary papers are this long, 25-30 pages might not be enough for my Capstone. I'll some serious editing to do. And to think that I used to think 5 pages was like writing a novel! I have found that I have a fondness for typing in general though so sometimes I wonder if I am really writing something of importance or just something that makes a nice noise on my keyboard. Then again, I write a lot of things just to delete them seconds later...typing just sounds so great! If only I had a typewriter connected to my computer! I'll have to look into that...

2 comments:

  1. I have to get you the clicker software again so your computer sounds like a typewriter.
    As far as the length of theses, trust me, they get a life of their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great picture of all the seniors! Congrats on winning the raffle. I think I've won one once, too, and it was seriously one of the most exciting events of my life. Hope you finished your French paper and that it wasn't too long. You're right, it's funny how once they're started, they just keep growing.

    ReplyDelete