Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

So Much Good News!

This week just keeps getting better and better. First, i changed my ticket so that I would get home two days earlier this quarter. Then we had senior night which was absolutely amazing and so much fun. On Wednesday I had a great healing during practice. I was feeling achey and terrible and my back was in severe pain so while the rest of the team was working out I went downstairs and stretched out on the floor while I read a great article. It was all about not complaining and choosing not to give in to material complaints. I felt much better throughout practice and by the next morning by back was completely back to normal.
Last night I got a call from Kurtis telling me to keep my mind open. He had gotten an add in the mail from Willamette University who has just started an online program which also includes on-site teaching in a local public school. This is literally the best news I have gotten since...the day I was born. I will be able to move in with Kurtis now once we get married without having to move out again a year later to go to Salem for 10 months. I am so excited-everything is coming together! Kurtis' ticket form Finland to Mexico also worked out to be almost no extra cost which was not what we had expected for awhile.
And today if Friday! How much better can it get! I dare you to show me.
Tonight we have practice and then dinner at Mary Ann's house which I am very excited about. We always have so much fun together, especially after a stressful 8th week. Tomorrow if the SLIAC tournament which I am expecting the best for and ready to go all out. I think we have all been working really hard this week with a focus on mental toughness which is just what we need to pull through this tournament.
It is extremely windy out today and has been since last night. It makes it cozy inside though, especially when I have hot-chocolate. I can't believe that today could be our last practice...my last practice ever!

2 comments:

  1. One more time, you have a very sweet post. I still remember how you felt when golf was over at the State Tournament.
    The Willamette news are the best for you guys; it makes us so happy, and I am sure Katie and Jean-Jacques are glad you are going to attend their alma mater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That's wonderful news about Willamette. It sounds like that program would be perfect for you. When you find out more about the details, make sure to let us know. Sorry that volleyball's ending, but at least it's been a good last year. Hope the tournament went well!

    ReplyDelete